The Aluminum Asylum

The Aluminum Asylum
Our home on wheels

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tuesday, Independence Day

After I got home from downloading at B & N, Paul and I sat outside for awhile. Grandpa was having a stomach problem so he was resting. The sun is warm, but the breeze is cool off the lake. The campground is still buzzing after the pancake breakfast. There were a few craft venders and some games for the kids. There are some competitive games being held over at the ball diamond. We just are planning to enjoy the view and the passing activity. Lots of cute kids. We finally get dressed and go over to the Williams’ to meet up for the ride to Larry’s folks house.

We had a great time at the BBQ. We meet Larry’s folks again and his brothers, one whom could be Larry’s twin. The food was great, the company warm and wonderful and we all had a great time. We did lots of laughing and grandpa, Paulie and Sue did some reminiscing when Tommy Ash, Sue’s brother called. Of course, my camera was in my bag the whole time, never once did I think of it until we were walking out the door. Another great photo op gone. One of these days I will hang it around my neck so I get some pictures of people.

We left about 9:15 and headed back to the rig. We passed tons of folks lining up to view the upcoming fireworks. I am not a fireworks fan (well, I am but my eyes/head/Meniere’s problems get quite intense watching them now, so I just avoid them altogether.). The campground was thinning out by the time we got back. It had turned quite cool and we just watched a bit of TV and then got ready for bed. We did watch Yankee Doodle Dandy, a 4th of July tradition for me anyways.


We slept late, 9 a.m. this morning. It was really cold last night and I woke up with my nose cold several times. I had my down comforter doubled over the two quilts I share with Paulie. Grandpa wants some keishka (how the heck do you spell that?) for breakfast. Ewww.

I need to call Maureen and Kathy this morning. I never heard back from Mo after I called yesterday, and I tried to call Kathy back on her cell but didn’t get an answer. Probably couldn’t hear the phone over the booming fireworks.
Well, we don’t really have any plans for today, and it looks to be a nice sunny day, with a high of about 77. Perfect for me anyways.



About ten minutes after I finished writing the first part of the blog, I got a blinding headache. I talked to Maureen and she is on her second set of steroids for the poison ivy and is beginning to feel better. She said that the drugs are making her very cranky. I told her that Daddy used to get really cranky when he was recovering from all his bouts of pneumonia, and he too would be nasty when he was on steroids.

Kathy returned my call and apologized for not calling back, but she had left her phone at home in the charger and it was late when they got back. We talked for a bit about the kids and their schedules (very, very busy!). She is still searching for a better part-time position.

Then after I talked to Kath, I called Jan on a hunch she just might be home after working a gazillion hours over the holiday weekend. I lucked out and we talked about 20 minutes.

By now, my headache was progressing into migraine level so I lay down in the bedroom. Paulie and grandpa decided to go walk on the beach. I wanted to go in the worst way but there was just no way with a terrible headache and this damm hip. Then, in the middle of this wretched headache, I start to feel sorry for myself. I hate when this happens. I start to have my very own pity party about how lousy I am feeling, what I can’t do (like today, I hurt all over from the fibro and can’t walk on the beach) and all kinds of stupid things. Then I start to cry and feel like a pathetic invalid. I have these episodes of mental breakdown every so often. I finally overcome my vanity and get a hearing aide and now I am wallowing in self pity for all the other stuff. *Sigh*. I have to think that every now and then I have to get it out of my system or I will just explode. I slept until about three, got up and used the bathroom. I went back to bed and slept until 8:15. Another day lost. I decided to go with Paul to see the sunset no matter how bad I felt. I needed to get out in the fresh air and stop the pity party. Watching the sunset made me all weepy again. Poor Paulie. What he has to put up with sometimes. It was a beautiful sunset but the wind off the lake was quite cool.

We got back to the rig and watched a bit of TV. The crap on TV this summer is pathetic. We are planning on going to the farmer’s market in Muskegon tomorrow and then take a ride to Grand Haven. I really like GH…lots of little shops and my favorite bakery, The Great Bread Harvest or something like this.

I will post more tomorrow.



No comments: