The Aluminum Asylum

The Aluminum Asylum
Our home on wheels

Friday, December 30, 2005

Hey, I forgot to post yesterday...had a real busy day. Went to the orthopedic doc, Dr. Borowicki aka Mr. NoNonsense I Am A Doctor You Peasant. Oh well, they say he is very very good so I will go with what the in the know folks believe. Had to have my right hip x-rayed. When the doc looked at the x-rays, he said I am too young for a hip replacement. Whoa, who even was thinking this? Certainly not moi! He suggested a shot into the joint....oh, just kill me now! It is set up for Tuesday January 3rd. This means we will have to leave for Miami after this is done, sometime in the afternoon. That still gives us 6 days to get to Miami. Shouldn't pose a big problem. Now all I have to do is convince myself I can do this...Dr. Horvath gave me two hip shots and I didn't even feel them, so hopefully I can get over my thumb-sucking fear. A radiologist does the procedure while looking at a live picture of my hip joint. I just can't wait. However, doing this is better than surgery. I just hope it helps the terrible pain in my hip.

I am heading for an appointment at MOHA, the phyiscal therapy place to have my knees evaluated once again. I seem to have serious pain issues when I stand for more than 5 minutes.
Boy this should be a great post later.

No comments: