The Aluminum Asylum

The Aluminum Asylum
Our home on wheels

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ok, ok...I have been shamed by girlfriend #1 that I haven't posted for a week. Well, its been a very busy week yanno! The master bed and bath are now done. Paulie is at this very moment taking off my foam pad and heated mattress pad. We are donating these to our favorite charity...the Zack Ziaja Furnish My Apartment for Me Fund. We have about three grand donated already, whats a couple of hundred more?

We didn't do very well at the auction....my stuff went for a buck an item. The highest bid item was the freaking moneybox with the key I used for past garage sales, 6 bucks and the dancing NFL St Louis Ram went for 5. Jeez, no accounting for people's taste....!

The POD cubes from ABF are arriving on June 6th and we have til the 11th to get 'er done. Shouldn't be a problem. We depart from our beloved camping spot with the wonderful view of the garage door in the driveway. A tree to look at would be nice...the garbage can also gets old.

For those of you who I haven't spoken to in a while, Paul's dad called the other morning and announced he was in the hospital. He felt numbness in his leg and it was dragging it behind him so he had to use a cane to get around. Called the doc and she ordered him to the E room. He drove himself of course, probably after he walked the dog, did his bathroom thing and had breakfast. Apparently, he has suffered a mini-stroke. The trip to the ER and the meds they administered immediately prevented a potentially serious major stroke. Wow, lucky little guy. He spend two nights in the hospital getting tests and then he was released. When Paul called in the early evening last night, Grandpa said to hurry it up, he was going to the oyster bar with the "girls"....his golfing buddies.
I guess he's feeling ok!

The rain is here and will stick around for the rest of the weekend...it won't get outta town til like Tuesday. Crap. Means I will be such a sweet soul to live with and be around. Yeah right. Poor Paul. How is it possible for a person to sleep for 18 hours a day? I think I am turning feline...they sleep 23 hours a day. This combo of fibro-chronic fatigue-bilateral Meniere's is a real doozie...I am a medical mystery. Think I should donate my old geezer body to science when I die. The only hesitation is that Paul if he outlives me, will get paid for it. That would piss me off. Especially if they pay by the pound....

hugs

Dee

No comments: